1. Last Saturday: Went to the 6:40 p.m. showing of Water for Elephants and didn't get home until almost midnight. What can I say? Good movie + Applebee's afterwards + six good friends = a serious loss of time
2. Last Sunday: Dinner at Nonna & Nonno's. Sigh. I like when my Mom cooks for me.
3. This past Monday: A George Bailey moment occurred. A woman from the Women's Bible Study I am involved in approached me and, without saying a word, opened her purse and showed my a white hankie folded into a neat square. She had seen my presentation earlier this year in which I had read my article A Hankie for my Pocket (published in the July/August 2010 issue of Canticle Magazine). She said that she now carries that handkerchief as a reminder to keep life simple. She then thanked me for inspiring her ... and I don't even know her name.
4. This past Tuesday: Purchased a plant from Home Depot with peppers, basil, and various other spices. I bought the plant for the basil, but I'm excited about using everything else.
5. This past Wednesday: Hiked 7 miles with a good friend.
6. Yesterday: Shared the following prayer for the last meeting of our Women's Bible Study Group.
In the beginning we gathered to study anew
some lessons from Genesis and from each other, too.
It didn't take long for us all to find out
what those old Patriarchs were all about.
Days of our Lives ... Old Testament style
Murders? Deception? Well, no wonder The Exile.
But we studied The Word and discussed Catholic issues,
And stocked our rooms with boxes of tissues.
For discoveries were made of God's great plan
that started way back when the world just began.
From Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob we learned
how to listen, pray, worship and discern.
So God we gather once more on this day
and hope you'll continue to show us the way.
Give us the grace and the wisdom to see
That wherever you are is where we should be.
~from Bia's files of very bad poetry
7. Today: Off to buy a first communion gift for nephew #2; birthday gifts for nephews #1, #2, #3; a birthday gift for my sister; and a birthday gift for my brother-in-law. Again, what can I say? My sister's ENTIRE family has a birthday this month, and since we're going up for a First Communion ... heck, we'll have one huge celebration.
~for more fun quick takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary. Today she provided the instructions for a "crazy-powerful water bottle rocket launcher", which my boys are going to LOVE!