An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, July 22, 2011

7 Quick Takes: The Slightly Sarcastic Edition

Really, trying not to be sarcastic, but here are some things that just didn't surprise me this week.

1. The Center for Science in the Public Interest came out with a top 10 list of the most fattening foods served in restaurants. #3 on the list was the Farmhouse cheeseburger from the Cheesecake Factory. A burger topped with a fried egg and served with french fries ... fattening? Really? I think I could have figured that out all by myself.



2. Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez divorcing? Wonders will never cease.

3. Evidently, Tiger Woods has money troubles.

4. A while ago our little guy received this 3-D wood craft model biplane. The instructions said easy, educational, fun for the whole family. It was none of these. In the end, I was the only one left ... but I got that darn thing built.



5. Woke up this morning and it was hot outside.

6. YAHOO! Health came out with this article which provides 12 ways to think slim. I must not be thinking hard enough.

7. It does no good whatsoever to argue with a seven year old ... no matter how cute I think he is.



Now, go visit Jen at Conversion Diary for some more Quick Takes.

7 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

I tutor a little girl who had her 7th birthday recently, and she said, "All I got were craft kits!" She wasn't complaining,just telling me of her party day. Then she said, "I can't do any of them, and some of them are for '8 and up.' I'm SEVEN!"

I though that was so funny.

Her poor mom...

linda said...

My favorite burger joint in Houston has a burger that uses Shipley's donuts as buns, has a fried egg in it, bacon jam, and the fries are fried in duck fat. Mmmm. I think it might beat out Cheesecake Factory's burger.

Donna said...

Apparently I'm not thinking enough either! I saw the list of restaurant foods, too, and most everything on the list didn't even sound good.

Kathleen@so much to say said...

But the plane looks awesome. :)

And if I could think myself thin, I'd be a waif! (Says the pregnant lady.)

Cheryl Lage said...

Omigosh, that burger looks heavenly. Fattening, sure, expensive, likely, but delicious for certain.

You are so funny----hope you are staying well, and cool!

Lisa said...

It's hard to think thin with hamburgers like that around! And, ohmygoodness, he is so cute -- Who'd want to argue with those baby blues?

tiziana said...

Ma ci voleva uno studio del Centro delle Scienze per il Pubblico Interesse per capire che il Farmhouse cheesburger fa ingrassare?
Però che buono!!
Anch'io in soffitta ho un paio di scatole contenenti dei modellini (di plastica) iniziati e mai finiti, perchè ci hanno fatto arrabbiare durante la costruzione.
Ma come può un "very bad cattivo" essere così bello ed amorevole?
Anch'io vorrei essere un "very bad cattivo"!!!
PS: oggi per pranzo io, Chiara e Luciano abbiamo mangiato al Burger King (comprese le onion rings) e non ci siamo sentiti in colpa.
Ciaoooo!!!