An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Sweet Entrepreneur

About a month ago Jonathan sent this letter to Capcom USA describing a board game he had made based on one of their DS games. He spent a lot of time making the game, taking pictures, and then researching where to send his letter. He hasn't received a response yet, so to make him feel better I told him I'd post it here.

Dear Capcom USA,

My name is Jonathan and I am 14 years old. I am a huge fan of the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series and have all of the games on my DS except for the first one, which I have on Wii Ware.

The reason I am writing is to show you how these games inspired me to make a board game. The game includes locations and characters from all the games including Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth. The game is for two players -- one as the defense and one as the prosecution -- who travel to different locations to collect evidence cards for their investigation. There are five witnesses, including the criminal, and all the witnesses are placed in different locations. The goal for the defense is to get through all of the witnesses’ testimonies without losing gage points (your life bar); the goal of the prosecution is to prevent the defense from doing this.

I have attached some pictures of the game. Hope you enjoy!!!

Sincerely,
Jonathan Novajosky






5 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

I am not familiar with the game, but I am able to recognize great effort and thoroughness of thought. This is incredibly well done!

Give the corporation time, perhaps he will hear. And I'm glad he's still thinking board games! Is this your "middle tree" son? Solidly standing on his own!

tiziana said...

Mamma mia, devi aver fatto un grande lavoro, COMPLIMENTI!!! Io purtroppo non conosco il gioco però spero che me lo insegnerai la prima volta che ci incontriamo (pensi che ce la farò ad impararlo?) Deve essere molto interessante.
Spero davvero che ti rispondano e che siano interessati al tuo lavoro, te lo meriti.
Bravissimo Jonathan, può essere l'inizio di una grande carriera.
Un abbraccio.
PS: scrivimi se ti rispondono.

Chiara said...

Wow Jonathan! Sei stato proprio bravo e hai avuto una bellissima idea! Voglio giocarci anch'io così riusciamo a battere mia mamma!! haha!

Lisa said...

Ok, wow, Jonathan! We're totally impressed! Do we have a lawyer in the making here or a game inventor? Or both?

Ua said...

That's awesome, Jonathan! Capcom USA really ought to snatch this idea before someone else does - and give you the proper royalties, of course! Very inventive! - Aunt Laura