An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, August 12, 2011

7 quick takes: A Tale of Two Sisters at the Beach (and Prince William in Boxers)

~1~ I went for a walk this morning along the beach and encountered a woman walking the biggest dog I have ever seen. It wasn't a dog ... it was a horse. And instead of carrying a sandwich bag in which to scoop up poop, she carried a black, hefty trash bag. YIKES.

~2~ Guest bloggers. I've started something, I see that now (see previous two posts). I heard that my brother in-law might want to write and/or contribute. Let me think, let me think . . . No.

~3~ So, one evening we piled in my van and headed to Coligny Plaza (shopping & evening entertainment). I drove all the way there, parked, and THEN realized I did not have my wallet with me (it was in my beach bag because earlier my sister and I had plans for a couple of poolside daiquiris ... but that's another story). When it was time to head back, I handed my sister the keys and, on cue, we all double-checked our seat belts because once upon a time she totaled my car (true story). She turned on the ignition, went to put the car in drive, and instead turned on the windshield wipers at top speed.

~4~ Like good mothers, this week we have made sure to provide square meals for the boys. Case in point: last night we ordered a square pizza from Pies R Squared. And for veggies, we threw a token bag of carrots on the table. No one ate the carrots.

~5~ One day, while sorting through a clearance bin at Barnes & Noble, my sister came across William & Kate paper dolls and handed them to me (or maybe I snatched them). Anyway, I spent a good part of yesterday cutting out the outfits and ignoring questions from the boys who just didn't get the whole paper doll thing. What do you do with them? Do you have a fashion show, or something? Who wants to play with paper? That's just stupid. Sigh. But look ... how fun is this? Besides, how else would you be able to see Prince William in boxers?




~6~ You might think that a week at the beach without our husbands meant all this freedom to go outlet shopping, but remember ... we also have three BOYS with us. We did go to the mall for all of twenty minutes, but it was just enough time to purchase these cute sneakers. And if you tell me they look like bowling shoes I am not talking to you anymore. I really love these sneakers.



~7~ A starfish, sand castles, and two sisters.







Now, go visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more Friday Quick Takes fun!

9 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Um, are you sure those aren't gym shorts?

And...things change. We're driving to NOLA from Baton Rouge today, and it's Mac who wants to stop at the outlet mall. I'm thinking that desire started at about 17. Be patient, your time may come!

Kathleen Basi said...

Lots of laughs in this post today...I'll bet you're getting a ton of hits off the boxers! LOL

Anonymous said...

I bet you can't pick up that 7-10 split!

Anonymous said...

Hmm I see no mention here of the fact that these two so called Italian sisters, these very good mothers with the skills of angels fed their poor deprived sons FROZEN lasagna!!! The night before was IHOP!!!
You're at the BEACH for the love of all that is good and merciful will you please get thee some SEAFOOD.

Bia said...

Dear Anonymous (aka patrick),

See ... we r smart. We know who you are. And, for your information, we had PLENTY of seafood ... we've been seeing food and eating it ... aplenty.

NOW, I personally did not get that comment of 7-10 split. I pondered and pondered and YOUR WIFE figured it out. I LOVE MY SNEAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

I love paper dolls! Oh my...in his boxers.... ;)

jen said...

serious LOL to #4.

tiziana said...

Leggere questi blogs è per me il momento più piacevole della giornata. Mi mettono proprio di buon umore. Mi piacerebbe conoscere la storia dei daiquiris a bordo piscina...
Vedendo il Price William in boxers (che ridere), mi è ventuo in mente che anche noi da piccole giocavamo a ritagliare le bambole e i loro vestitini, non credevo esistessero ancora.
Belle le sneakers, ma perchè le chiamano scarpe da tennis se servono per giocare a bowling?
Bellissime le foto, ma perchè la sorella più piccola (the guinea pig) è più alta di quella più grande? Comunque sembrate due belle e giovani ragazzine (non sposate e con tre figli).
Un abbraccione e buon ritorno a casa.

Christopher said...

The starfish count was 2. Now, sand dollars on the other hand......