An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, August 29, 2011

Sometimes Revenge is as Sweet as Banana Pudding

This weekend I made banana pudding, a good, old fashioned taste of heaven that my boys devoured.

Then today, as I was preparing my lunch, I spied the last bit of the banana pudding in the refrigerator. A mental battle ensued: should I eat it, or should I save it for the boys?

Decisions, decisions.

Then I remembered how this morning everyone was grumpy and out of sorts despite my cheery attempts to spread a little sunshine with teasing, laughter, and hugs all around. But nothing worked. Evidently, contrariness was the order of the day.

Huh.

I ate all that banana pudding, stopping just short of licking the bowl.



7 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Do your kids get birthday treats at school when a classmate has a birthday? Do they share even a morsel for you? Do they bring you treats when they go to a friend's home for dinner? Did you pack their lunches today?

Eat anything you want when they're at school! My husband works from home, and if there's something I'd rather he not devour, I tell him. Everything else is fair game.

Plus, YOU made the stuff!

Bia said...

Ellen ...

AMEN.

Bia said...

Although ... in all fairness our little guy did bring my half of his kit-kat today. it was a little melted and had fingerprints on it, but it was the thought:0)

Lisa Novajosky Smith said...

Eat, lick, smile.

No need for 'feeling guilty for no good reason' motherhood. We do that every other minute of the day.

Monica said...

That was very funny! I don't have children but I am sure I will appreciate this even more one day :)

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

tiziana said...

Lasciare il banana pudding ai bambini?
Pensa a quanto sono stati birichini.
Sensi di colpa per averlo mangiato?
Hai fatto bene non è mica un peccato.
Se poi la tazza hai pure leccato,
il tuo buon umore è certamente aumentato.
Ed infine, se è bastato solo per te,
come potevi dividerlo per tre?

(che risate!!!)

Lisa said...

I'd have done the same thing. Totally. Guilt free.