An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, September 23, 2011

And He Comes Bearing Gifts (a 7 quick takes post)

Oh where, oh where have I been?

Not here, obviously. I've been neglecting this little space, and I've missed it. And you.

But here, in 7 quick takes, I'll bring you up to speed what has been going on around here ...

~1~ Monday: Joe left for California. While I don't mind that he has to travel occasionally (hello? fequent flyer miles! hello? Marriott points!), this time when I dropped him off at the airport I was a little bummed. Joe: sunny California, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Hollywood. Me: rainy Augusta, carpooling, afternoon practices, cooking, laundry, deadlines.

~2~ Tuesday: Went with the little guy to our school's Book Fair. He wanted a Captain Underpants book. I said no. He wanted a boxing poster. Again, it was a no. We finally settled on a book on animals that came with a DVD. But his mind was still on the boxing poster . . .

Sigh. Now he is in training.




Doesn't he look ferocious?




~3~ Tuesday night: Joe called from California. He explained how the fog along the coast isn't called fog, but marine layer. He told me he saw the Hollywood sign. And the weather? Couldn't be more perfect. Huh. I ignored the pile of laundry waiting to be folded and called my best friend to make a lunch date.

~4~ Wednesday: Met my friend at P.F. Chang's AND I even ordered an appetizer.

~5~ Wednesday night: Joe called from California where it was sunny and beautiful. Here it was raining . . . a lot.

~6~ Thursday afternoon: Jonathan had to serve detention for being tardy to class. Not a big deal, but very inconvenient for Timothy and me since we had to wait for an hour. So, we waited in Dairy Queen. That's a great place to wait.

~7~ Thursday evening: Picked Joe up from the airport. He scooted me out of the driver's seat and handed me a box from the Nordstrom's in Santa Barbara. Joe: smart man. Me: his happy wife.





*Today's post is sponsored by Jen over at Conversion Diary. Go and visit.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Now if only your husband would start a blog about how to treat your wife to good gifts, I would be completely at peace.

tiziana said...

Mamma mia che muscoli!!! Sta' diventando un "very bad forte cattivo". Dobbiamo stare attenti a non farti arrabbiare.
BRAVO JOE!!

Ua said...

Another watch?!?! What's wrong with that husband of yours? He is feeding your addiction!! And Timothy needs some smaller boxing gloves. Good gift idea from Aunt Laura for Christmas. :-)

Lisa said...

Oh, but you have that husband well trained, girl! Good job! :) (And I love the solution for the hour's wait after school. I'm thinking I'd have done the same thing... Diet? What diet?)

E said...

I needed a catch up and was tickled to get one.
Sounds happy and busy over there. What else?
Have a blessed autumn Bia girl