For your Confirmation, we wanted to give you seven books representing the Gifts of the Holy Spirit. As you read these books, pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal his gifts so they will help you to grow in your faith.
1. The Gift of Wisdom gives us the desire for the things of God.
2. The Gift of Understanding enables us to know more clearly the mysteries of faith.
3. The Gift of Counsel helps us to see the difference between right and wrong.
4. The Gift of Fortitude strengthens us to do the will of God in all things.
5. The Gift of Knowledge enables us to know oneself and to know God.
6. The Gift of Piety gives us a deep respect for God and for the Church.
7. The Gift of Fear of the Lord enables us to recognize an all powerful God.
Be a gracious receiver of these gifts! St. Teresa of Avila said, “Christ has no body now on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours; yours are the eyes through which Christ’s compassion is to look out to the earth; yours are the feet by which He is to go about doing good; and your are the hands by which He is to bless us now.”
Jonathan, allow the Holy Spirit to work in you and watch in amazement as God works through you, with you, and in you.
Mom and Dad
Confirmed in Christ
When Nicholas was confirmed two years ago we presented him with seven literary classics, each one representing a gift of the Holy Spirit. This would not have worked with Jonathan since he would rather play basketball than read. In the end we looked for sports books, and instead of assigning each one with a gift of the Holy Spirit, he has to look for the gift as he reads. He took Glory Road to school this morning ... I think this just might work!
Brian's Song (William Blinn)
Glory Road (Coach Don Haskins)
Unbroken (Laura Hillenbrand)
Through My Eyes (Tim Tebow)
Champions of Faith: Catholic Sports Heroes Tell Their Stories (Thomas O'Toole)
Holy Bible (w/ Jonathan's name engraved on the front)
*we are still looking for book #7 ... any suggestions?