An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Sugar Bowl

Mrs. Castellucci came to visit her son Anthony, who lived with a female roommate, Maria.

During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't help but notice how pretty Anthony's roommate was. As she watched the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between Anthony and Maria than met the eye.

“Mamma, I know what you must be thinking,” Anthony volunteered. “But I can assure you, Maria and I are just roommates.”

About a week later, Maria came to Anthony and said, “Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the silver sugar bowl. You don't suppose she took it, do you?”

So Anthony sat down and wrote his mother an email.

Cara Mamma,
I'm not saying that you did take the sugar bowl from my house, and I'm not saying that you did not take it. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.
Love, Anthony


Several days later, Anthony received a response from his Mamma.

Dear Son,
I'm not saying that you do sleep with Maria, and I'm not saying that you do not sleep with her. But the fact remains that if she were sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the sugar bowl by now.
Love, Mamma







*thanks, Cathy M., for sending this to me!

3 comments:

Lisa G. said...

HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAA!!!! That is great :)

Father Pablo said...

Love it!

tiziana said...

MAMMA MIA! Che ridere!! L'ho letta anche a Luciano che naturalmente non l'ha capita subito (l'ho aiutato io), perchè lui è molto innocente.
Bello il blog precedente, quando andrò a visitare La Verna cercherò l'impronta di Jonathan.
Ciao a tutti.