An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Can I bottle his innocence?

Last week our little guy was getting his flu shot when Plop! his tooth fell out. I'm not sure if the two were related, but there you have it.

The next morning he came downstairs and showed me what the Tooth Fairy left under his pillow.

"Wow! A two dollar bill!" I said. "The Tooth Fairy is very generous!"

(I ALWAYS compliment the Tooth Fairy ... and the Easter Bunny ... AND Santa.)

"Tell me, though," I continued. "Did you hear anything during the night?"

(For some reason, I always want to know these things.)

"No, I didn't see anything," he admitted. "But I did hear wings flapping!"

2 comments:

tiziana said...

Che fortunato!! Nessuno di noi ha avuto la fortuna di sentire il battito delle ali della fatina.
Ti vogliamo bene.

Lisa said...

Heehee! The toothfairy at our house flaps, too --- but I'm not sure it's wings. :)