An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, February 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes: Inspiration from Kipling

~1~ What am I reading?
To Kill a Mockingbird ... is there anyone as noble as Atticus Finch?

~2~ Who is having a Super Bowl birthday this year?
See yesterday's post.

~3~ Where do we study?
The kitchen table, even though everyone has a desk. Note the cappuccino ... guess who was sitting there?



~4~ When will our new furniture arrive?
I don't know ... it's not looking good.

~5~ Why will there only be three of us here this weekend?
Nicholas and Jonathan are headed to Athens, GA for a model United Nations meeting (I like school sponsored field trips which require dress shirts and ties).

~6~ How long did it take our little guy to confess his sins during his First Reconcilation?
About two minutes. Tops. I concentrated on the top three things!

~7~ Who? What? Where? When? Why? How?
I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
~Rudyard Kipling, Just So Stories (1902)

Betty Beguiles is sponsoring today's quick takes. Check her out, she has a book coming out next month.

2 comments:

tiziana said...

EHI!!! Sei troppo veloce per me..non sono riuscita a risponderti in tempo nel precedente blog.
Volevo dirti che "L'annunciazione" di Andrea della Robbia piace tantissimo anche a me. Esprime un senso di purezza, di umano e celeste.
Che bella la foto dei tuoi ragazzi, sembrano così "impegnati" nello studio. Riconosco la tazza del cappuccino l'hai presa nel centro commerciale di S. Martino Buon Albergo.
Cosa, chi, dove, quando, come, perchè...ma non sai, cara Maria, quanti peccati si possono raccontare in due minuti?

Karianna@CaffeinatedCatholicMama said...

Stopping by from Betty Beguiles!! That Cappuccino looks divine!! And I love the pic of your boys studying!