An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, February 4, 2012

How do I love thee? The bathroom is clean.

My sister is coming today to spend the weekend with us. Because the painter has been in and out of our house for the past 10 days, Joe and I had to work furiously yesterday to put the guest bedroom back in order. We managed to get everything done except the guest bathroom, which is still missing a shower rod. No problem, I thought. Laura can use the guest bathroom for everything except showering, in which case she can use the boys' bathroom.

The boys' bathroom.

A mental war ensued: My sister loves me, she won't mind if things are less than perfect in there.

Then this: I love my sister and there is no way I can subject her to the horror that is the boys' bathroom.

I went to bed in a mental quandry.

This morning I got up at 6:40 a.m. to clean that darn bathroom.



Sisters: Ua the Blonde, Bia the Brunette

3 comments:

tiziana said...

Bia, penso che vuoi veramente bene alla Ua. Siete due sorelle davvero speciali perĂ², siete proprio sicure di essere due innocenti angioletti?

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

She would love you either way, but as silly as it sounds, you have honored her with your effort!

GrandmaK said...

And I know she will appreciate it! Enjoy your visit!!!! Cathy