Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Keeping Time

As many of you know, I have an affinity for two things:

1. Dansko clogs (Hello?! Dansko? Do you KNOW how many times I've mentioned you on my blog? It seems you could reward a faithful customer with a pair ... red, patent colored ones would do if you need a suggestion. Think what a lovely blog post that would make.)

2. Watches. Besides my wedding ring, a watch is my jewelry of choice. I'm not picky ... sleek, classy, or chunky they are ALL wonderful. For example, I have this one, purchased from Island of Capri; then there is this one Joe brought back from Santa Barbara; and for my birthday my parents gave me a beautiful silver watch with a silver and leather band, which they had purchased on their cruise.

Dansko clogs and watches. I am not complicated at all.

Last night Papa arrived to spend a week with us. As always, he came with his power tools (projects!) and he came bearing gifts from my sister-in-law ... who knows me all too well.

The only thing is, now Papa keeps asking me for the time ;)

5 comments:

Miss Stewart and Students said...

Not one, but four? Whoa!

Miss Stewart and Students said...

Bia, the above comment is from me--Ellie

tiziana said...

Mamma mia!!! Quattro orologi!!! Lo sai che gli orologi sono anche la passione di Luciano? Ne ha molti anche lui. Un abbraccio a tutti voi.

Lisa said...

She love ya, I think. I like the black one second from the end, especially. ;0)

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

As I was jumping rope today, it occurred to me I don't own a single watch, and you received four in one gift!

I've look at watches, but I have skinny wrists with large hands, and there doesn't seem to be an affordable fit!