An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Month of Birthdays

February is my birthday month, and I am planning two specific things to celebrate:

1- Due to the constant interruptions and distractions that come with working from home, I have decided to have specific office hours in the hopes that I can be more focused and productive. During that time I will work on any writing assignment that is sent to my inbox, and I will also use that time to work on my book project (a project that I all too easily shelve when things come up).

2- I have set myself the goal of blogging every single day for the month of February. Why? For the discipline. Some days I will be prolific, and some days I won't. The point, for me, is to write something daily ... to be disciplined.

So, Happy Birthday to me.

3 comments:

Lisa Novajosky Smith said...

You are following a long-standing tradition in the Novajosky family (actually, observed without exception by Nana)to have a BIRTHDAY for the entire month. I am happy to turn over the celebration from my January to your February. HB MTN!

tiziana said...

Ho capito bene, un blog ogni giorno? Benissimo, ne sono proprio felice.
Mi sono accorta che più gli anni passano e meno disciplina mi impongo.
Se ho voglia di fare una cosa la faccio, altrimenti....pazienza. Sono ammalata? (eh! eh!).
Happy Birthday to you Maria, dall'1 al 29 febbraio (quest'anno hai anche un giorno in più da festeggiare) e non esagerare con la disciplina, vai già benissimo così.

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Happy BirthMonth.

What good ideas! I look forward to your posts. The office hours seem like the only way to wrestle a life out of working from home.

My brother does, work from home, and he does not answer his home from during certain hours. He runs errands only at lunch time. He treats his home as his office. Works for him.

I don't think it would work for me though...

e