An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Sunday, February 12, 2012

One Down, Five to Go

Shortly after moving into this house we built a separate, two car garage at the end of our driveway and converted the original garage into a rec room. When it was finished, I bought a large farm table but no chairs; I already had an assortment of chairs and a friend gave me some old ones she didn't want anymore. I went for the ecclectic look which worked great.

Until now. Since the chairs were old to begin with, over the years they have become even older which means now, when we sit, we risk life and limb.

Yesterday Joe brought down from the attic a set of six old kitchen chairs that we had been saving for the boys' first apartment -- nice chairs, except they were white and the paint was chipped and flaking.

So, on this cold, Sunday morning I am sanding and painting six chairs.

The color? Cracked Pepper (Valspar signature color from Lowes). One down, five to go.




3 comments:

tiziana said...

Posso dirti che sei VERAMENTE BRAVA!!??
Ma, se il tempo cambia, quando dipingerai le altre cinque?

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Great color!

E said...

They look great. Now can you please come over to my house and do some for me?