Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Where in the World is Nonno?

I would wish my father a Happy Father's Day, but I can't.

He's not here.

A week ago he and my Mom flew to Venice, boarded a luxury cruise liner for a 12-day Mediterranean cruise, and we haven't heard from them since.

Until last night.

In their email they mention visiting Turkey, Ephesus, Bodrum, Athens, Kotor, and Montenegro. Evidently people are nice, food is good! (note the exclamation), and in a few days they will be with our Italian relatives for the remainder of their vacation.

THEN, my Dad ends the email with this (and we know it's Dad because he has a birichino sense of humor):

Love to all of you. We think about you on occasion.

I may be wrong, but I think they are having way too much fun.

Anyway, Dad, Happy Father's Day ... wherever you are!

Nonno & Timothy overlooking the Bay of Naples
Italy 2012


2 comments:

tiziana said...

Dwight è veramente un papà, un nonno e un cognato SPECIALE!!
Ti vogliamo tutti bene e non vediamo l'ora di rivedereti.

Do Not Be Anxious said...

I'm happy for you that your father is up and traveling about, and loving it (and you if he has time). My father retired at 60 from the railroad and had a lifetime pass to travel anywhere on trains for free -- and he never used it once. He found his place on a river, near a golf course, and lived there for 28 years of happy retirement.

Don't worry about your dad's Father's Day --- it sounds like it is most every day, and you should be very happy for him, as I was for my dad.