Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

If wishes were horses I'd be galloping through the hills of Tuscany

Lately I've been adrift, allowing the ebb and flow of daily tides pull me here, propel me there, and then deposit me in a whirlpool where I tread water, going around and around in circles.

Other than performing the most basic tasks, I don't feel like doing anything else.

Hungry? Okay, I'll make dinner.
Need clean clothes? I'll throw a load in the washer.
School supplies? Let's go shopping.

Anything more, and I shut down and become most decidedly contrary.

I could clean out our closet, but we need new hangers and I don't feel like going to the store.
I could blog, but I don't know what to write about.
I could paint our rec room, but I can't decided on the color.
I could scrapbook, but I don't feel like pulling everything out.

And here's the most contrary thing of all: I know what I don't want to do, but I can't figure out what I do want to do.

It's a conundrum.

It's a tired-of-summer-I'm-ready-for-fall kind of thing.

Sigh.

I just want to be her ...

4 comments:

:o) mg said...

Funny, I thought that WAS you!
Nice to know you have feet of clay, friend.

tiziana said...

Non so se ho capito bene, però mi sembra che non hai voglia di fare niente!! Io, in questo momento sono esattamente nella posizione della ragazza della foto, però sul mio divano e sto guardando le olimpiadi e NESSUNO mi deve disturbare.
Il "dolce fare niente" = vere vacanze!!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

When I feel as you describe I find that some chocolates soon solves everything. That and a nice bottle of Chianti.

If I were her .... (apart from shouting "AAAAAHHHHHH !!!!!" because I'm a man); I would probably finish my wine and fall off the ledge.

God bless.

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Some good music and a glass of wine, and I'm content to sit on the deck for hours. Alternatively, a good book and the hammock can relax me to sleep on a lazy afternoon.

If that sounds too lazy, well from either I can look out over my garden, and see the hundreds (?) of green and pink tomatoes. I can see long hours making chili and spaghetti sauce in my near future -- so I need to build up my energy, of course!!