Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Not Sure How to React

"Mom," says Timothy. "I need to wear deodorant."

I look at him. He's just three days into third grade.

"Deodorant," I say. "Why do you need deodorant?"

"Because," he says, with a grin that is all boy. "After recess my armpits were so slippery. It was like water."

To be grossed out, or amused? That is the eternal question for a Mom of boys.

He lifts up his skinny arm to show me his armpit, and I go with amused.

AND a big, sloppy kiss.
Chesapeake Bay, MD
Summer 2011

3 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Well if they weren't also stinky, no deodorant needed!

tiziana said...

Semplicemente meraviglioso...ma perchè non restano sempre così?

GrandmaK said...

All smiles here!!! Have a wonderful day!!! Cathy