1. Oreos at Mass: Fridays are when the third graders attend Mass, so today Joe and I decided to go and surprise our little guy. He sat sandwiched between us, and after communion he whispers, "They must have mixed oreos with the host because that's what it tasted like."
I didn't even know how to respond to that one.
2. Games at Mass: Every Sunday, after communion is over, our two oldest sons (a sophomore and a senior) do this thing: they pick up the hymnal, open it at random, and then wait until the hymn is announced to see who was closest. This involves whispering, grinning, flipping pages, and (sometimes) a fist pump.
They're being goofy, and I should probably say something, but it's something the two of them share so I leave them alone.
3. Frizz Reduction: Most of you know about my hair which has this teeny tendency to frizz when it's humid (which, living in the south, is pretty much all the time). I've discovered a product that helps. Mind you, it doesn't solve the problem, but it helps ... kinda sorta.
Kinda sorta is good enough for me.
4. Ten Pounds and Counting. Enough said.
5. Laugh Out Loud Funny.
6. Suddenly I'm Popular. With our eldest up to his eyebrows in college applications, he has a new found appreciation for his mom, the writer. I am the Proofreading Queen, the Topic Sentence Guru, and the Idea Lady.
7. When I'm 80, I hope I'm Having this Much Fun.