An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Wall Report

Every day I pick up our little guy from school, and every day I ask the same question, "So, how was your day?"

And every day Timothy begins by saying, "Okay."

Then there is a dramatic pause because what he is about to tell me is huge. Monuemental. Earth shattering.  

I am about to get ... The Wall Report.

The wall is where students go when they have misbehaved in class. And because you're on the wall during recess, when everyone else is running around with clear consciences, it's considered to be a painful experience.

So, every day I hear about who was on the wall, for how long, and why. It's a veritable soap opera at our Catholic school. Why, just last week (the first full week of school, mind you) someone was on the wall the entire recess. That was worthy of a Wall Report which lasted the entire drive home.

Now, lest you think our little guy is immune, he's not. Last Friday he was on the wall for five minutes.

Whew. Five minutes I can handle. If it had been for the entire recess ... then I'd be worried.



1 comment:

Mamma said...

I'd be worried to!! That is, unless he did somethng very interesting!!