An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fishing for Compliments

I took the plunge and got a haircut. Bye-bye ponytail. Actually, I can still make a small one for when I work out, but still. So, feeling a little vulnerable I shamelessly solicited compliments from the boys when they came home from school.

It didn't go well.

Boy #1
Me: Do you notice anything different about me?
Him: I don't know ... your hair I guess.
Me: Well?
Him: Well, what?

I give him a look.

Him: Oh yeah, well, nice I guess.

Boy #2
Me: Did you notice I got a haircut? Do you like it?
Him: Kind of.

Boy #3
Me: Do you notice anything different?
Him: Yeah.
Me: What?
Him: Your hair.
.
I wait ... wait ... wait ...

Him: It looks creepy.

Excuse me?

I would post a photo but that would be, like, really asking for compliments. And then if you gave me one,  I would think you were just being nice, or (worse) feeling sorry for me.

But here ... I'll give you a visual. It's the same length as Joe Perry's and by tomorrow it will probably be as frizzy.


i miei capelli: ricci e increspati

No comments: