Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mrs. Paproth


For a long time I knew her simply as Mrs. Paproth.

Her blog, Mrs. Paproth's Barn, is about her family's real life adventure of leaving the city for the country life in the mountains of Vermont; there are stories about raising chickens, shoveling snow, wading through mud, restoring a farmhouse, and living life with a purpose.

Mostly, though, she writes about the seasons of New England, taking lessons from nature and applying them to life.

Visiting her blog makes me want to curl up in front of a roaring fire, with cappuccino in hand, and stay a while.

From time to time she visits my little blog and her comments (which she always signs E) are  insightful and thoughtful. I remember one in particular. I had written this post about finding the freedom in Lent and how Wisdom teaches us that unless we are free to say no to something, we are not really free to say yes to it. She left two comments; here was one of them ...

My big kids were home this weekend and I read your blog to them
one night while we were in front of the fire drinking spicy hot chocolate.
We talked about the question of freedom in our choices
and how saying no makes yes so much sweeter.
This was a wonderful discussion. Thanks Bia

Of course, sometimes I've read some of her posts to my family. The one which inspired the most disbelief and laughter was her post about fish falling from the sky. Go read it; it's a true phenomenon.

Eventually I learned that Mrs. Paproth is really Ellen Stimson and she has book coming out next fall entitled, Mud Season ... A Waking Dream in Vermont.

Just wanted to share the good news.

I, for one, can't wait to read it.


3 comments:

tiziana said...

Mi dispiace non poter leggere il libro deve essere molto simpatico. Penso, però, che anche questa signora trovi molto piacere a leggere il tuo blog, è sempre bellissimo.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I shall check out her blog, and in time I shall check out her book--from the library!

Lisa said...

:0) I'm another "E" fan and have always felt so honored when she's stopped by my blog, too -- Such wonderful insights she has -- and her writing is phenomenal. A lot like someone else I know.... When are you going to write a book, too, Bia?