An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, October 4, 2012

How do you ruin cinnamon toast? Go ahead, ask me.

This morning, while I was signing papers, making lunches, and encouraging our little guy that, yes, he has to go to school, I was also making cinnamon toast.

I toasted the bread. Buttered it. And generously sprinkled cinnamon on top.

Suddenly, I noticed a funny smell. A spicy smell. Definitely not a cinnamon-y smell.

Chili powder.

Yikes.

When the boys asked what the funny smell was, I said it was nothing and handed them a granola bar.

Reminded me of the time I was cooking pasta and making iced tea, and in my hurry I salted the tea and sugared the pasta water.

I didn't realize my mistake until we sat down to eat.

What can I say? Sometimes I can multi-task,
and sometimes I can't.

1 comment:

tiziana said...

AH! AH! AH! Non ci posso credere!!!
Immagino la faccia dei tuoi ragazzi. Pensa se avessero mangiato il toast al Chili, sarebbero corsi a scuola senza bisogno di prendere il bus.
Io ho imparato a fare dei buonissimi biscotti con il burro di noccioline.