An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, November 2, 2012

Life Lately: How long it takes to burn off a Tootsie Roll (and other quick takes)

1. My husband has been in Albuquerque all week and tonight, sitting at our little guy's soccer game, I was missing him (especially because he is my personal furnace and I was sitting on cold, metal bleachers and freezing).

Around halftime I get this text: I've been saving up for your Christmas present. Are you intrigued?

Suddenly, I didn't feel cold anymore.

4. My shopping experiment this past Tuesday? A huge success. No fuss, no complaints. Jonathan picked out five items and Nicholas four. Whoa. Progress. Definitely.

3. Have you seen this? The little girl started sobbing because she was tired of hearing about the election. She and her mother had been listening to NPR during a trip to the grocery store when the 4-year-old decided she was done.


4. I've actually been enjoying all the election coverage. Our older boys have been very interested in this election, and I love having grown up conversations with them about various issues. In fact, our oldest is bummed he is two months away from being old enough to vote.

5. Speaking of voting ... done. Early voting is great; I was in and out in less than five minutes.

6. I don't know what's wrong with me, but this Halloween has been about Tootsie Rolls. I think I ate ... well, I won't tell you how many I ate, and I wasn't picky: the big fat ones, the long skinny ones, and the small bite-sized ones all called my name.


7. Because of #6, this morning I'm hitting the gym bright and early. According to Google it takes a 1/4 mile run or 550 steps to burn off one small Tootsie Roll. I'll be there a while.

And, believe me,  I'm not eating any more Tootsie Rolls ...

uhm, because they're all gone.

All this for some Tootsie Rolls?!

*Now, go visit Jen at Conversion Diary for some more quick takes fun!

6 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Only tootsie rolls? I've eaten every piece of candy in sight...I don't even have any kids at home!!! I'm eating up what's left HERE!!!!!! Take it away!!!!!! Cathy

tiziana said...

550 passi per eliminare un piccolo Tootsie Roll? E io che ho mangiato una GRANDE fetta di pane con MOLTA nutella quanti ne devo fare??
Non scrivere queste cose, non le voglio sapere!!!!

Deanna said...

5 minutes for early voting?! How is that possible? It took me 1 hour and 50 minutes! all depends on where you live.

MCH said...

Tootsie rolls hurt my teeth, but the Kit-Kats and Reese's definitely took a hit...

I feel like that four year old girl! Really! Hopefully by next week the ads at least will be gone, even if the commentary is still going...

Kathleen Basi said...

Tootsie rolls: hilarious! I'm counting calories via loseit.com, and it's much easier to count and see if you have enough LEFT for a Tootsie Roll. :)

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Tootsie rolls? That's kid stuff. Frozen Snickers bars are for adults. (I made sure that the bags of Snickers were the last thing I gave out on Wednesday, and gee whiz, it started raining and the kids quit early. Darn, wonder what I'll do with those 4 bags of candy??)