An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 Progress


Once the calendar officially turns to January 1, there a lot of people I know (truly inspirational people) who jump into the new year with goals, plans, and ideas (I won't call them resolutions ... we ALL know what happens with those).

Well, I'm not one of those people. I like to ease into the new year. I have some vague ideas floating around in my head which I have categorized, listed, rejected and re-sorted, but nothing written down yet (and I like to write everything down). For that matter, I still haven't purchased some cute spiral notebooks for all those ideas, and I still don't have a 2013 calendar for either family activities or my work assignments.

Then there's my one word resolution. I'm still thinking about it, and while I am almost sure I have found it (or did it find me?) I haven't made it official ... yet.

In short, I pretty much spend all of January thinking, choosing, discarding, and researching. I like to mull things over. I'm a ponderer (not a made up word; it's actually in the dictionary).

Does this mean I don't get anything done?

Most certainly not (insert British accent). I watched Downton Abbey. Not only that, but I also watched all the documentaries and commentaries leading up to the season premier. And today ... well, today I'm going to Target to get some cute spiral notebooks and a 2013 calendar.

See? Progress.

1 comment:

tiziana said...

Bella come idea!!! Io scrivo ogni giorno dei miei pensieri, una poesia o qualsiasi cosa mi venga in mente su un notebook che si trova sulla tavola della Chiara, lei quando torna da scuola lo legge e poi mi risponde. E' una specie di nostro blog. Sarà un ricordo per il futuro.