Friday, January 18, 2013

Urine Specimens, Movie Popcorn, and No Birthday for Me ... in 7 quick takes



~1~ A chance stop at an antique store resulted in this purchase. I love trays ... all kinds and sizes.



~2~ Yesterday I was talking about urine specimens with my cousin, Damiano (long story). Anyway, the conversation reminded me of the first time one of the boys had to give a urine specimen during a routine check-up. He was handed the specimen cup and pointed in the direction of the nearest bathroom. He assumed (and no one thought to instructed him otherwise) that he had to fill that cup. And he did. I have never more fully appreciated the concept of surface tension until the moment he walked out of that bathroom carrying that cup.


~3~ A few days ago I wrote about the funny rules parents have had to make, and some of you shared some great ones of your own. And because we should all stick together, here are some examples ...

Don't pet a bumble bee.
No stuffing berries up your nose.
No sticking your head between the banisters on the staircase.
No eating Doritos in the bathroom.
Socks are not a handy substitute for toilet paper. (eek!)

~4~ Here's a confession ... this is what goes into my purse before we leave for the movie theater. Yes, I have a big purse. Yes, I am one of those people.



~5~ This is a weird month. Joe has been doing a lot of traveling, but (truthfully) it's all good because ... HELLO! frequent flyer miles. HELLO! another family trip to Italy (and possibly England). It takes a lot of miles to fly five people over to Europe, but the points are accumulating ... slowly but surely!

~6~ I have been known to occasionally procrastinate. For example, despite knowing for some time that I need new running shoes, it took an actual hole (discovered just yesterday) to push me into action. As a result, I needed to get some RIGHT AWAY, and they weren't cheap. Tonight my husband, upon hearing the price, looked at me and said, "Happy Birthday."

My birthday isn't until next month. Whatever do you suppose he meant?

~7~ It's ridiculous how one itty bitty bag can make me smile.


Now, go visit Jen at Conversion Diary. She's been in the hospital, but is still able to offer inspiration and insight. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

ML said...

Nice post Maria! I, too, stuff backpack full of goodies for the theater. Sephora...what's in that little black bag!!?? Have a great birthday weekend...lol. ML

tiziana said...

Mi piace tanto tanto il nuomero 5!!! Vi aspettiamo, forza Joe viaggia più che puoi.
Buon weekend
PS: ma perchè non me l'avete detto prima che non si deve riempire il barattolo per l'esame delle urine?

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Of course he meant to say, Happy Health Day, because running shoes will make you healthier. And since you are so valuable to him, he got his words confused.

Wow, the Doritos in the bathroom thing made it!

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Hmmm. My birthday was the 18th. Maybe he made a mistake. What size did he buy?