Friday, February 8, 2013

This and That ... in 7 quick takes


~1~ THIS almost had me at biscotti. Then it called my name.
Purchased, one jug of La Dolce Vita Biscotti.



~2~ THAT is one rough looking eight year old, thanks to a Herpes Simplex Virus (cold sore) on his cornea. He was also one rough looking happy eight year old when he heard he got to miss school
the rest of the week.



~3~ THIS itty bitty tube of ointment for the aforementioned malady cost $175 ... after insurance. My husband was insulted. "For that price we should have gotten a barrel of the stuff," he commented.



~4~ THIS is the inspirational quote for the day. Now go find and create some beauty.
 
Humanity can live without science, it can live without bread, but it cannot live without beauty. Without beauty, there would be nothing left to do in this life. Here the secret lives.
Here lies the entire story.
~Fydor Dostoevsky

~5~ THIS is what my husband does. When he recently commemorated 25 years of service, the company he works for gave him a catalog so he can select a gift. And just like he did at 15 years of service, then at 20 years of service, he comes home and gives me the catalog to pick something out. Really, how sweet is that? At fifteen years I got a gold and silver watch with Bia engraved on the back, but this time I insisted we pick something out together. After all, he did do all the work.

~6~ Everyone has a story, THAT is for sure. THIS gives you pause before you judge. Watch it.



~7~ THIS is how I'm starting my Friday. How about you?

Buongiorno!! Go ahead- it's Thursday- Make it a double:)) Have a great day!

Now go visit Jen at Conversion Diary for some more Quick Takes fun.

5 comments:

Deacon Ken said...

15 yrs ago there was a lot cheaper ointment for pink eye that worked just as well. But thanks for supporting the pharmaceutical industry..it helps our generous benefit pkg!
-Ken

Bia said...

Our pleasure,Ken ;-)

Actually, pink eye would have been SIMPLE. This is a bit more complicated, and evidently there is ONE ointment (and only one) that will work in this situation. Lucky us! :)

jen said...

You can get those on your eyes?!?!?!?!?!?

tiziana said...

Guardando la fotografia di Timothy e la sua faccina triste mi è venuta in mente quella di Damiano quamdo aveva l'herpes, l'espressione è uguale.
Un bacino al non più "very bad cattivo".

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Every 5 years I took the catalog over to the local nuns, who ordered something for the mentally challenged kids they housed. I think they then put the stuff up at auction at their annual dinners.

The pay, the respect, and the many friends I formed were enough of a reward for my years at Ford.

After I retired Ford notified me that one of my ideas was finally awarded a patent, and they sent me a few bucks and a plaque, which sits on the mantle. At least it's for an accomplishment, and not just "being there".