An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, April 5, 2013

Interior Design, Fashion Advice, and One Entertaining Tip (in 7 quick takes)

 
Interior Design (what NOT to do)

~1~ Jesus and G.I. Joe ... I'm not feeling it.


~2~ Bob the Builder isn't working, either.


Fashion trends that don't work (at least for me)

~3~ Asymmetrical hems. Just looks like a bad hem job.

~4~ Cap sleeves. Either do a sleeve or don't. Cap sleeves are rarely flattering.

~5~ Side pockets in pants. Really, who needs extra saddle bags?

~6~ Empire waists. All the rage now, but not flattering for the busty.
 
Entertaining

~7~ Cloth napkins ... use them. It makes a world of difference. I recently hosted a dinner for thirty people, and it took me just ten minutes to iron thirty napkins and scrunch them into a napking ring.



Now, go visit Jen at Conversion Diary. She could use some prayers ...
 

3 comments:

tiziana said...

Ho fatto un po' fatica a tradurre questo blog, però sono sicuramente d'accordo con te.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Cap sleeves are an abomination. I was in heaven a few years ago when 3/4 sleeves were all the rage.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I love cloth napkins, they're what we use daily here.

What I need to get to work on is collecting cocktail sized cloth napkins. I would use those often. I have 48 appetizer plates for parties, guests may take a fresh one when they go for more tidbits, so I'd need a few dozen party napkins too.

Oh to dream--or perhaps to sew--nope, dream!