An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, April 1, 2013

Sometimes you just need to know what to say ...


In the course of my work I get to interview some truly inspirational people from all walks of life, and during dinner I like to tell my family about them. Last week it was the story of a priest I had interviewed earlier that day.

It was a good story -- a great story -- and although the boys were listening, they were also so busy eating that no one was really responding.

I shared a few more interesting facts. They nodded politely and kept chewing.

But I had saved the best for last.

"Oh, by the way," I said. "He's also the official team chaplain for the Cleveland Browns."

Everyone stopped chewing and looked up.

Really? The team chaplain ... ? Does he go on the road ... ? Has he ever met ... ?

I smiled.

Something told me that little fact would get their attention.

1 comment:

tiziana said...

EH!EH! Brava Maria!!