An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, June 6, 2013

An R-rated Incident


Yesterday the boys and I were visiting with my mom who is recovering from surgery. While Nonna and I were talking with the older boys, Timothy was sitting quietly in Nonno’s recliner looking through a National Geographic Magazine.

All of a sudden he slams the magazine shut.

“That is just inappropriate,” he declares.

We all stop talking and look at him. He is grinning, but looks embarrassed. He walks over to me, whispers in my ear, and shows me a picture of two Aborigine women, very well-endowed and topless.

I couldn’t help it. I laughed. Then the boys wanted to see, and they laughed. Then Nonna, who just had hernia surgery and who was trying not to laugh, laughed.

And because Timothy was worried about Nonno, he left him a note telling him that pgs. 66-67 were “inaproprate” and that he shouldn’t look at those two pages.

You know, to protect Nonno’s sensibilities, and all.
 

2 comments:

tiziana said...

Per questo Timothy è un bambino super. Sicuramente il nonno gli sarà grato del suo suggerimento perchè non ha ancora l'età per vedere certe cose inappropriate.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I believe National Geographic prints such pictures out of a sense of informational tradition. It is a rite of passage for boys (and girls) to make such discoveries there.

;)