Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Speaking of laundry, college football, and ... Uncle Si?


Here I am, enjoying my morning quiet time, and I realize that it is actually 4:30 a.m. instead of 5:30 a.m., the time I usually get up. I now have two hours -- TWO HOURS -- before the boys get up.

Where's my cappuccino?

Speaking of cappuccino ... last night the boys watched Duck Dynasty and I never laughed so hard as when Jase and the crew visited a coffee house. After studying the board (Where's the coffee?), the barista suggested double shots of espresso. Then the poetry reading began ... ay, ay, ay.

Speaking of Duck Dynasty ... never say never. I thought I would never watch Duck Dynasty, and I do. I thought I would never be able to name all the Robertson family members, but I can. And I thought we would never, ever have Duck Dynasty merchandise in the house, but then our little guy asked begged for a Tupperware cup just like Uncle Si's and when I said no, no and never Nonna and Nonno made a surprise visit one afternoon and ...


Speaking of surprises ... last night Nicholas called from Clemson. Not a text, mind you, but a real, live phone call. Of course, he called for some laundry instructions, but to quote Uncle Si ... Hey! I'll take a phone call any way I can.

Speaking of Clemson ... this weekend the Clemson Tigers go up against the Georgia Bulldogs. Uh-oh. My brother and I graduated from UGA (in fact, he is one of the on call doctors at all Georgia home football games) and my son is at Clemson. Then there is my husband who graduated from Penn State and who doesn't like any other team except Penn State. We are a house divided.


Speaking of divided ...


Okay. Enough already. I now have one hour -- ONE HOUR -- before the boys get up and I should probably go do something productive. Like maybe I'll do my workout now instead of later.

Maybe.

I haven't decided yet.

1 comment:

tiziana said...

Come mi piace leggere il tuo blog!!!!