An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, December 6, 2013

The Story of a Sweater


In early November I was at the mall when I came across a cobalt blue sweater at New York & Co. that I really liked. As someone whose wardrobe color palette is in the brown/black/neutral category, the fact that I was even looking at a bright blue sweater was big. HUGE.

But, it was $49.99 and I knew I could get it on sale. Eventually. If I were lucky ... and patient.

I checked back a week later, no sale. The week before Thanksgiving it was on sale at Buy One Get One 50% off, but let me just say I hate those kind of sales. I just wanted one.

We were out of town on Thanksgiving, so I pretty much gave up the idea of ever getting that sweater. I mean, what were the chances my sweater would survive Black Friday and all the post Thanksgiving sales?

Yesterday I had an errand at Barnes & Noble, and because New York & Co. is just across the way, I popped in to ... you know ... just in case. I didn't see the sweater hanging anywhere. Darn. But then ... THEN ... I walked by the clearance rack and I saw ONE blue sweater left.

 In my size.

It's as if everything fell into place. I mean, I was destined to have that sweater. And the best thing of all? Well, just look ... and score one for me!

 
 

1 comment: