Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Friday, January 17, 2014

A Mess in the House, A Mouse in the Attic


~1~ A Buen Camino for Me

Evidently I am meant to make a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. After I wrote this post and mentioned the The Way, my sister watched the movie during her lunch break and noticed this: my nickname on a rock. I don't know how she spotted it, but she subsequently sent me a photo of the still and there it is ... written in blue ... Bia.










~2~ The Storm before the Calm

Yes, I meant to write it that way. Starting next Monday, within a span of seven days, we are replacing the carpeting in three bedrooms, having hardwood floors installed in the master bedroom and hallway, replacing our porcelain kitchen sink with a Corian one, and installing a new shower door in the master bathroom.




But before carpeting and hardwood floors can be installed, stuff needs to be moved; to prepare to fuse a Corian undermount sink to our Corian counter top, the counter top will be removed and we will have neither a counter nor a sink for 24 hours; to get ready for a new shower door, the old one needs to be taken down and therefore no showers in the master bathroom for two days.




You can imagine the moving and shifting that is going on. Like I said, the storm before the calm.




~3~ Blogger Issues


Blogger has been giving me fits lately. Double spacing when I want to single space, not uploading photos, not saving properly, and when I write something in Microsoft Word and copy and paste it to blogger, it rearranges everything. Really, I am this close to making a switch. Suggestions?


~4~ He Shoots, He Scores!



The stomach bug has made an appearance, but things like this don't stress me out anymore mainly because it helps that everyone in the family is now old enough to aim their ... eh, hem ... projectile into the nearest toilet or garbage can. Remember those days? The ones in which it was hit or miss ... mainly miss?
~5~ The Christmas Mouse

Every December a mouse gets into our third floor attic. I purposely say mouse -- in the singular -- because to imagine the plural would absolutely freak me out. This time, though, despite the combined efforts of Joe and the nice guy at Advanced Services, that mouse (in the singular) is being uncooperative. And until this little problem is solved, I am not going up there.



~6~  Catching Flak

In a post this past Monday, I mentioned how I had spent 20 minutes wandering the aisles of Target  because I had some time to kill before an appointment. I also pointed out that, sometimes, killing time pays off because on that particular Monday I scored a pair of boots (fully lined! comfortable!) on clearance for (gasp!) ten dollars.


Well, that post elicited different responses: one person mentioned that when she has free time she goes to the Adoration Chapel (major guilt trip ensued); one person called me a typical girl just looking to spend some money (which made me feel defensive); and several of you wanted to know if Target had any more boots left.


My response to all of those: sometimes I do that, too; alas, I'm not perfect; and, sorry, I purchased the last pair.



~7~ Weekend Plans

See #2 above.


No go visit Jen at Conversion Diary where she talks about (of all things!) Benedictine Beer.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I would have asked about there being any boots left...and good for you! We walk around Target to kill time too, because it's a distraction from sitting in the car to kill time (usually we're house-crazy and need a break, anyway).

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Don't know if this matters to you, but it sure appears that Google prioritizes blogger sites in its searches. Many of my posts turn up on the first page of Google searches, and generate hits on my site from around the world, in fact the majority my my hits.

Suburban Correspondent said...

I do think that one can be a devout Catholic and still be able to rejoice in an awesome deal on a pair of boots, don't you?