Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Killing Time



This morning I had an 8:30 appointment at a local flooring store, but after I dropped the boys off at school I had a dilemma: there wasn't enough time to go all the way home, but it was too early to go to the appointment. So, what does a gal do to waste some time?


Yup. Target.


I ask you ... how many of us have wandered those aisles waiting for early dismissal, or killing time between different pick-up times, or trying to keep the little guy occupied while he-who-shall-not-be-named was serving detention for chewing gum?


There are more of us than you think.


My husband says wasting time costs money, but I don't know what he means because sometimes wandering around Target pays off.


Well. It doesn't exactly pay off ... I do the paying.


But still, I'm sure most of you understand what I'm saying. Why, just this morning if I hadn't gone into Target for the purpose of killing some time ... I wouldn't have found these super cute boots on clearance for $10.


See? You know what I'm talking about.







2 comments:

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Maria, this post isn't really anything worth commenting upon, but I can't help myself.

I read your posts and see that you are an exceptional mom. I read your posts and see that you are an exceptional spouse, daughter, and sibling. I read you posts and see that you are an exceptional Catholic. And then I read something, like this, where you wander around looking for something to spend money on, and I see that you are ... well, um, well, you are a woman.

I dunno, it's like some kind of let down.

Maria (also Bia) said...


There you have it ... I am flawed.

I can't be insightful and introspective all the time. Sometimes I need to be flighty and, yes, superficial.

Besides, boots like these practically guarantee that I will a "buen camino" ... at least when it's cold (see yesterday's post).

;-)