Monday, February 24, 2014

Simplicity and Mindfulness



I've been sitting on this since last November, but now that it's official I'll formally announce it here as well: I am honored to be one of the scheduled speakers for the Sacred Heart Garden Festival (April 25-27, 2014).


It's funny how life is sometimes. Last year I attended the festival for the first time, and little did I know that one year later I would be returning to give a presentation entitled, The Peasant Kitchen and Slow Food: The Italian Approach to Food, Dining and Healthy Living.


In Italy there is a saying: Per capire una cosa, devi guardare alle radici, which basically means that in order to understand something, you must first look at its roots. And that's what I'll be doing in my talk ... going back to my Italian roots to demonstrate how simplicity and mindfulness in the kitchen can go a long way in not only how we think about food, but in how we approach life.


The schedule for the speakers series is not up yet, but I will post it here when it becomes available. In the meantime, I hope you will come. Si`?





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled to have you join the Garden Festival this year! Thank you for agreeing and we look forward to your interesting presentation! Can't wait!