Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Backwards Birthday



This past Wednesday was my birthday, and all along I was thinking of it as my 48th birthday.


But later that afternoon I was speaking with my good friend on the phone and we were talking about birthdays and I said I was 48 and she interrupted me and said, "No, you're not."


And you know what? She was right! I'm not 48. I'm 47!!


Now, I ask you? Who does that? Who makes a mistake on how old they are and ADDS a year? I mean, if you're going to err, err in the other direction. Right?


Anyway, as much as I liked being 48, I like being 47 much, much better.


I guess you can say I had a backwards birthday.



1 comment:

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Sorry your getting so old. Forty-seven birthdays! I've only celebrated 29 birthdays. (Although I have celebrated a lot of anniversaries of my 29th birthday)