Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

At Least There's That



So I'm sitting here, fingers poised over the keyboard, and ... nothing.


It's a horrible place to be, to have this need to write -- to create -- and yet not be able to come up with anything.


This month always does this to me. From beginning to end it's non-stop reports, final essays, school banquets, end of year parties, and requests for this and that. You would think that on a year in which our family didn't have a high school graduation (last year), a Confirmation (two years ago), or a First Communion and an 8th grade graduation within a week of each other (three years ago) that this time things would be different ... but no.  Just as busy. Just as ridiculously crazy.


And the driving. My God, the driving alone can drive you nuts. Half days, exam days, differing dismissal times in two schools ... uhm, road rage anyone?


Someone once dared to mention that Mother's Day is in May ... at least there's that, right? ARE YOU SERIOUS? I'm too busy to celebrate Mother's Day in May. Just give me a dark room and an entire day when no one talks to me ... that's what I want for Mother's day.


I sound grumpy, don't I? Or slightly unhinged.


Well, I made Limoncello last week. It will be ready in a few days.


NOW I'm smiling.


Limoncello in May.  At least there's that. Right?


Making Limoncello

No comments: