Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Road Trip, Day Five: Bia the Bat Girl


I want to begin by apologizing to anyone named Joe, Cory, Rob, Ken, Frank, or any other baseball aficionado out there, but the truth is that of all the sports, baseball is probably my least favorite.

Sorry!

But there is hope for me; in fact, you’ll be happy to know that I really enjoyed our tour of Kauffman Stadium, home of the Kansas City Royals professional baseball team. Of course, the first stop on our tour included walking through the Royals Hall of Fame Museum and … YAWN! Again, sorry! After that, though, it was fun touring the press box, learning interesting sports trivia, sitting in the Royals Dugout, and walking down to the outfield. I even recorded myself calling a play and learned who George Brett was and doesn’t all that make you proud?

No? Well I’m proud of myself. So far this week … basketball? Check. Baseball? Check. Soccer? Not yet, but we have that covered. We have tickets to see Sporting KC play tomorrow night.

This afternoon I did have the opportunity to add golf to that list; Joe had made plans to take us golfing at a Par 3 course, but at the last minute I sent them on their way and walked to the Solera Salon next door and got a haircut. I just needed to do something girly, you know?

Tomorrow is our last full day here in Kansas City, and to balance out the soccer game in the evening we will spend the morning doing the following: The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. Joe is totally on board, mainly because all those aforementioned museums are free.

What about the boys, you ask? What do they think about all those art museums?

We haven’t told them; we figure we’ll just drive there and then bribe them with a nice lunch.

Sneaky, I know, but in the words of Yogi Berra, "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else."
In the KC Royals Dugout.
Do you know that I know that there are 90 ft. between bases?
I'm telling you, there's hope for me yet!

In the KC Royals Press Box.

No comments: