An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Morning Conversation, BC (before cappuccino)





Timothy: Top Gear is, like, my favorite show. Both the American and the British one. I want a Lamborghini. Or maybe a Bentley. Do you know how fast a dragster goes? Well, it's like 220 miles an hour, or something. A Bugatti is cool, too. Let me see your iPhone and I'll show you a picture.

Me: Look. No more talking about cars. Between football and cars ... talk about other things.


Timothy: You just say that because you don't like cars. What kind of cars do you like, anyway?


Me: Smart Cars, Fiats, and Mini Coopers.


Timothy is speechless. How uncool could his mom be?


Me: Oh, and I also like vintage Vespas.


Timothy sighs. He has a lot of work to do to catch me up to speed.





NOTE: All these photos of smart cars were taken by yours truly when we were in Italy three years ago. It became a game. When we got home Timothy and I made a poster of all the Smart Cars we saw on our trip. Also note the last one ... a Red Cross Smart Car.






















1 comment:

Do Not Be Anxious said...

I just leased a Ford Escape, although I debated long about an Edge. Having driven 2000 miles to Tennessee and Pennsylvania in a week, and been in near-accidents twice along the way, I am sure I'll never be getting one of those roller skates you have pictured. I can picture them being smashed into something that could fit into the back of a pickup.