An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Timothy in Training



It's basketball season, and Timothy is in training. He even comes up with his own training schedule, and yesterday he spends a good 30 minutes sprinting up and down our driveway, doing pushups, and huffing and puffing up and down stairs.


"Done," he tells me, looking very sweaty but triumphant. "I think I can already feel a pack."


A pack ... as in a six-pack abs. This was Day One of training, and he already feels a pack coming on. But he wants to show me, so he lifts his shirt and stands up tall.


The only pack I see in my skinny boy? Twelve ribs, which I can see very distinctly.


However ... if I squint my eyes ... and let the light fall a certain way ... perhaps ... just maybe I see something?


"Whoa," I tell him. "You need extra dinner tonight."



No comments: