Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Trials and Tribulations of an Out of Uniform Day



Last night


Timothy: Tomorrow is out of uniform day and I don't have any clean clothes.


And he's right. I have totally neglected all laundry duties this week. Since he has to wear something that is NOT his school uniform, I do the laundry.


Later last night


Me: Timothy, come pick out what you want to wear tomorrow.


We discuss the weather (no shorts), we go through several options (no to the Adventure Time t-shirt, yes to the college sweatshirt), and he finally settles on an outfit that I approve.


This morning


My bambino takes a little longer to get ready, and when he comes downstairs he is not wearing ANYTHING that we had discussed. He's wearing shorts (did we not discuss the cold temperatures?) and a Minecraft t-shirt (didn't I say no to the graphic t-shirts?).


Timothy: I changed my mind.


I give him the Mom look.


Later this morning


All this occurred before cappuccino when I am not at my best. In the end, Timothy walked out the door wearing ... well, I can't remember. All I know is that he wasn't wearing what we picked out last night, and he wasn't wearing what he had chosen this morning. I'm sure he was wearing something, though.


At least ... I'm pretty sure.


I think.


No comments: