Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Sunday, February 15, 2015

No Boys Allowed



On my side of family, I have six nephews and ONE niece. If you add in our three sons, that's NINE boys and one girl.


On Joe's side of the family, the numbers are similar: EIGHT boys and one girl.


Now, I like boys. I do. But sometimes with all these boys ... well, too much testosterone is too much testosterone. Bleck, ick, patooey.


So this afternoon I borrowed my niece and the two of us headed to the Morris Museum of Art (which, for you local yokels, has free admission on Sunday afternoons). Because my niece just celebrated her ninth birthday, I gave her a pencil case, some colored pencils, and we stopped in the museum store to purchase a sketchbook.





Our goal was to find a painting with a kitten, and we did.





Then she studied, copied, sketched, interpreted ...





and made it her own.





And then, if the day couldn't be more perfect, there was Elvis Presley. I kid you not. The museum was sponsoring a lecture on Elvis Presley, complete with an impersonator, and we got to sit in and watch him perform.


It was the most perfect afternoon: an art museum, Elvis Presley, and no boys allowed.








1 comment:

Terri Longenecker said...

Purrrrfect...I love it!