Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Sunday, April 12, 2015

You Should See Me Now



Shortly after these idyllic photos were taken (and I say idyllic because we had the entire beach to ourselves) I had a little bike accident.


Actually, it wasn't so little.


Some loose sand, a sidewalk under construction, and I hit the asphalt in the most spectacular crash.


It was so spectacular that a car pulled over and (to my complete and total embarrassment) four people rushed out to see if I was okay. Everyone agreed it was a miracle I didn't  a) break a bone, or b) need to be carried to the ER for some stitches.


But I was a sight to behold with a shoulder scraped raw, a bloody (and swollen) knee, shin, and left ankle, and a bloody (and puffy) left eyelid.


We're now watching the Masters on television and everyone keeps looking at me and saying things like "gross" and "your shoulder is still bleeding." Niiiice. Anyway, following the tournament we were going to bike to Yo Addiction! for some frozen yogurt, but our plans have changed.


We'll be driving, instead.




1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I am glad you're okay! I just got on my bike for the first time this year and was terrified I would fall. It's always a struggle - my love of riding v my fear of breaking bones.