Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Sunday, November 1, 2015

What time is it, really?



This conversation from yesterday is enough to make your head spin.


Joe: Tonight we move the clocks back one hour.


Timothy: That always confuses me because when does it happen? I mean, how do the earth and the sun know?


Clearly he's thinking too hard.


Joe: Look, tomorrow morning when you wake up and it's seven 'o clock, it will feel like eight.


Timothy: But what time will it be?


Joe: It will be whatever the clock says, but it will feel like it's an hour later.


Timothy: Does this mean I get to sleep late Monday morning?


Joe and Maria: NO!


Joe: It will be easier to wake up in the morning, but you will probably feel more tired in the evening because it will be dark earlier. So tomorrow night when it's 8:00 and it feels like 9:00 ... you'll be ready to go to bed.


Timothy: I'M NOT GOING TO BED AT 8:00!


Sheesh.


This morning, he wakes up and the nightmare conversation continues.


Timothy: What time is it?


Joe: It's 7:15.


Timothy: Then why is it so light outside?


I mean, really. We want to educate our children, but sometimes (for sanity's sake) it's best just to move on. He'll figure it out someday ... maybe ... when he has kids of his own.







2 comments:

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Having Saturday night (Sunday morning) adoration from midnight to two am, I know exactly what time it is: at two am it's one am --- and another hour to spend with my Lord.

Suburban Correspondent said...

I don't see how we can expect that poor kid to understand it when we grown-ups still get mixed up. I swear, Larry and I had that same conversation this year.