An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, January 15, 2016

Life Lately: Who, What, Where, When, and Why



Who likes to do what?


My husband. Likes to do our taxes. Whaaaat?


The numbers, figures, columns, refunds, deductions ... he is in math heaven.


And he has SEVEN tax forms to fill out: our federal, GA state (my income), SC state (Joe's income), Jonathan's federal, Jonathan's GA (Arby's employment), Nicholas' federal, Nicholas' SC (SRNS-internship).


This weekend he will start. And while he's happily doing all that yucky math stuff, I have a good novel to read. That's what makes ME happy.






What's the plan?


A planner. In an effort to reign in all the various planners, calendars, and journals I have scattered around, I have been researching how to consolidate. The problem is I LOVE stationery (I mean really, really love it ... I probably need intervention) and the options are so many. But I think I will try an Erin Condren planner. I'm not into all the cutesy stickers and washi tape, but I do like the layout.


And no, the irony is not lost on me. I realize that searching for a planner mid-January means that I should have planned better.






Why do I have a headache?


I need to pick out a paint color. Our rec room needs a new coat of paint and I am feeling overwhelmed. I could take the easy road and paint it the same color (limoncello yellow), but I want a change.


But oh, the choices.


Advice, thoughts, and decorating tips? Anyone?




When did I last eat these cookies?


In Salamanca, Spain. I was a college student studying at La Universidad de Salamanca, and by the end of the summer we were all broke -- our meager college funds were depleted. The last few days touring Barcelona we pretty much lived on these.






Where can I wear it?


So, for Christmas I received a gift card which, since it was for a women's clothing store, meant that I didn't have to share (#allmine). So the minute Joe and the boys left for the Florida Penn State/UGA bowl game, I went shopping with the goal to purchase something unique (and not black).


And I saw this coat.


It wasn't anything I would have purchased on my own, but with a gift card ... oh yeah.


And I love that coat; the only problem is we live in the south and this coat needs to be worn in Montana, or Colorado, or Jackson Hole, Wyoming.


That's okay. The two cold days we have during the winter ... I will wear it.



1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Benjamin Moore paints are the best - something about their colors, they change in different lighting, so your eyes never get bored. I am thrilled with all the rooms we've used it in.