Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Fashion Advice from My Sons. Really?



Saturday I came downstairs feeling good about myself. I was wearing skinny jeans, a black t-shirt and Italian leather loafers, I had on one of my biggest watches, I was having a good hair day, and I was sporting a half tuck -- you know, the new craze in which you tuck in just the front of your shirt. Take a look ...


The Half Tuck


Anyway, I was feeling -- dare I say it? -- decidedly put together, as in you go, girl!


But then it started, one after another like some kind of bad comedy routine.


"Why is your shirt like that?" Jonathan asked.


"That looks dumb, either untuck it or tuck it." Timothy said.


"You forgot to tuck in the rest of your shirt," Joe remarked, a little later.


Really. Fashion advice from the same guys who thought G.I. Joe looked good standing next to the Holy Family? Who were certain that a Bob the Builder umbrella added a certain flair to interior design? Or who insisted that a fuzzy, leopard toilet seat was cool?


Yeah. I rest my case.


I'm not feeling G.I. Joe with the Holy Family.


No comments: