Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Saturday, March 12, 2016

What to expect when you're expecting your parents

This week I will be picking my parents up from the airport, and every time they return from one of their adventures I never know what to expect.


For example, last year my parents were returning from a trip to Sweden, Norway and Russia, and as I was standing there at the arrival gate what to my wondering eyes should appear but ...


my mom, wearing blond pigtails and a Viking helmet.




A few years ago when they returned from a trip to Mexico, my Mom was wearing a sombrero and carrying -- believe me, the auditory memory is still there -- some colorful maracas.

When they returned from Thailand, perched on top of my mom's head was a pointy straw hat because, you know, she was going straight to work in the rice fields.


So this week they're coming back from a High Seas Adventure (with 30-foot waves I mean that literally) where they sailed around the tip of South America and toured Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay.

Which begs the question, what to expect at the airport?
 
This time I am somewhat prepared because a few days ago I received the following photo via WhatsApp ...

my mom, in Chile.


No comments: