Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Gelato Here, Gelato There, Gelato Everywhere

I was going through some of the bambino's old papers when I discovered this little paragraph he wrote a couple of years ago. It made me laugh. Out loud. You see, in listing all the reasons why he loves Italy, he left out the most important one ... GELATO.


Just before leaving on our last family trip to Rome and the Amalfi Coast, my parents promised to buy the boys a gelato whenever and wherever they wanted one ... no exceptions. If you wanted a gelato, Nonna and Nonno would buy it for you.


(In case you're wondering, Joe and I were NOT included. We had to buy our own.)


So, our boys basically gelato-ed their way through Italy.


Gondolas, race tracks, and pasta aside ...
it's the gelato!


"A better snack would be a gelato."
-Timothy, in Pompeii


"I really, really want a gelato."
-Timothy, in Pompeii


"Hey Nonno, about that gelato ..."
-Timothy, in Sorrento


Silence
(he's eating gelato)


"I'm ready for another gelato."
-Timothy, Villa Oplontis


"Nonna, can I have a gelato?"


gelato here, gelato there,
gelato everywhere!

No comments: