Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Questions & Answers


On both sides of our family, Joe and I have lots and lots of nephews, but only two nieces. Just two. As you can imagine, they are both pretty special. Ellison is ten years old, an avid reader, and loves cats. Sara is my other niece, and she has graduated from college and works in the corporate fitness and health industry.

She also has a blog, Oats & Rows, which is full of ideas on food, recipes, fitness, and healthy living. Today I am going to link up with her and answer a fun questionnaire which she recently posted.

Feel free to join in!

What brings you the greatest joy? Traveling. There is nothing like heading out into the unknown armed only with a map and a spirit of adventure.

What are your vices? According to Joe, procrastination, but let’s not ask him. According to me, probably that I dictate all my texts – texts which Siri doesn’t understand – and it gets me into trouble all the time.

What is on your nightstand? I am a minimalist, so I don’t like clutter. So I have a lamp, a framed Italian painting on an easel, and the phone (compared to Joe, I have a much quicker reaction time when it rings in the middle of the night).

Do you have a secret talent? Secret talent … nope. I am boring like that.

What is your greatest indulgence? Cookbooks, travel books, ceramic dinner plates, and watches. I never met a watch I didn’t like. And the chunkier, the better.

What should everyone try at least once in their life? Study abroad. Or live in a foreign country for at least a month where you don’t know the language.

What makes you laugh? Late nights with my sister. Once we get started, we cannot stop.

What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? As much as I like to travel, I absolutely hate flying. And as much as I love to cook, I absolutely do not like to bake.

What is on your bucket list? Finish my book. Get it published. Have a weekly column. Own a Bed & Breakfast, or a corner café. Visit every country in Europe.

How did you make your first dollar? Babysitting. I made a lot of money babysitting.

What item in your closet do you wear the most? My black tank tops. I have a lot of black tank tops. They can be layered or worn alone and, best of all, they go with absolutely everything.

What is the best gift you ever received? My white Capri watch that Joe purchased for me on the island of Capri. The wooden darning egg my Nonna gave me. Oh, and let’s not forget my espresso machine which was a combination birthday-Christmas present from my sister-in-law.

What is on your liquor shelf? Wine, but if you look in the freezer you will find three bottles of chilled homemade limoncello.

What is on your kitchen counter? Again, I don’t like clutter, so I don’t even keep the toaster on my countertop. Presently there is a corner lamp, a cookbook on a stand, and my espresso machine.

What would you never leave home without? My flat iron, because if there is one thing that EVERYONE knows about me is that when it's humid I have frizzy hair. Why am I even living in the south?

No comments: