Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Reading Gene

Either you like to read, or you don't. Either you're good in math, or you're not. It's all in the genes, and it's totally random. Take our family, for example ...


Jonathan is the only one of our sons who looks like me, but who totally takes after Joe in that he's great in math and will only read sports books.


Then there's Nicholas. He looks more like Joe, and has Joe's mathematical/engineering mind, but he definitely inherited my reading gene. Here is a photo of his summer reading.


"He's reading all these books even when he doesn't have to?" a horrified Timothy asked me.


And speaking of Timothy, we're still trying to figure him out. He may look like Joe, but otherwise he is a smorgasbord of everything else.


Nicholas' summer reading.
I call him my Renaissance Man because he reads everything --
biographies, programming books, fiction, nonfiction, music books, and sports almanacs.
That's my reading gene he's exercising.
 

No comments: