An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, August 8, 2016

In Timothy's Words: Summer Reading Review

Tomorrow school starts. 


Here's how I feel about that: Don't mention the word school, or I'll start bawling.


This summer I went to the gym, did that stupid math book, took three vacations, and read lots of books. Here is my summer book review with my personal thoughts on each book. They are ranked from 1-5 stars, with 5 stars being the highest.


1. How They Croaked (3 stars): This book was an interesting way to kick-off my summer because I learned about historical figures and how they died. Sometimes it was disgusting, but funny at the same time. I was very impressed with it.


2. The Outsiders (5 stars): This was my all-time favorite book I read this summer. I loved the way the author told the story about these teens, and even though its sad in some places, the words "Stay Gold, Ponyboy" means that there is always friendship and hope. I also watched the movie.


3. House of Wings (1 star): I didn't like this book. Period. It was terrible in every single way.


4. Maps/Guidebooks on Lake Tahoe: I'm not going to review this but it was fun reading them to my mom as we were driving around Lake Tahoe on a small, mountain road when I had to keep reminding her to stay as far to the left as possible so we wouldn't roll down the mountain.


5. Tangerine (4 stars): This book I had to read for my school book report. It almost seemed like a science fiction book because of all the strange things happening: the muck fires, Paul's flashback memories, the termite invasion, the sink hole, and the lightening storms that killed people.


6. The Westing Game (3 stars): This book was my aunt's favorite children's book when she was my age. Although I liked it, I can't see why it is her favorite book.


7. Downriver: (3 stars): Teens in trouble. Helicopters in pursuit. This book was action packed, but even so I couldn't get into it.


8. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: I am not going to review this because I am still reading it, but I can tell you it is like no other Harry Potter book. Since it's a play, we are reading it together and acting out the voices.


Photo:

No comments: